I took a week long vacation from posting. It sure did feel good. I didn’t really have the gumption to come home and do more blogging after my first week of work. My brain was simply spent trying to take in all the new information.
Anyway, I’m back now and grateful for my little break. I feel recharged and have more desire to keep going.
What is a break?
Taking a break is interrupting one’s activity briefly, as in We’ve been blogging way too much lately; let’s take a break.
You can take a break too…
Ten Tips for Taking a Break from Life
If you feel like you can hardly remember the last time you took a break, check the following ten tips to taking a break from life, reality and yourself. You are guaranteed to start to feel rejuvenated, revitalized and ready to take a real break sometime soon.
- Make a shopping trip especially for something new to wear which is bright, colorful and just perfect for breaks and vacations. Then leave right away and enjoy your purchase.
- Take a break from skipping lunch at work and making do with eating fast food. Instead, eat something simple, colorful, fun, exotic or with wild flavors and textures. Enjoy!
- Take one day out of your life and vow not to say a single word. Relax, enjoy the peace and silence.
- Take a break from routine. Drive to work a different way. Break your usual daily habits. Expect the very best all day and be ready for the unexpected.
- Dream a dream of your perfect break or vacation. Promise to put a little money aside regularly to make it happen. You’ll be amazed of how easy and painless it is to do.
- Take a break from life as you know it by sitting down and being still for ten minutes. Close your eyes and relax. Let your thoughts come and go. Focus on your breathing. Allow your body to relax and your mind soar.
- Take a break from the image that you have of yourself and the image that you project. Just let yourself be whoever you feel like being in the moment. Give yourself permission to be you.
- Make a regular practice of stopping whatever you are doing and checking in with yourself to feel how, who and where you are in the moment.
- Take a break from reality. Look at a simple object, a flower, a tree, or a building. Imagine you are looking at it as if for the very first time.
- Take a break from barriers and boundaries. Do something you did not know you could. Overcome your fear and amaze yourself.
Photo by Tom@HK on Flickr